The first blog I have chosen is called Idea of the Day. Every day there is a new idea marked with the day of the week next to it. I really like that it shows the day of the week. Before each post starts, there is a short synopsis of what it is about and the topic is formatted in BOLD right before the synopsis. After the post, it has a short list of hyperlinked recommended readings. Overall, this blog is very easy to read and understand, its format is wonderful, and the topics it covers are very interesting. According to the author, "'Idea of the Day' is a blog by Tom Kuntz and other editors of the Week in Review highlighting the most interesting writing we've come across lately on the Web." The right side of this blog is comprised of one or two ads and the rest is the blog archive split into easily searchable categories. I find this function very appealing. On top of all this, the posts allow commenting so anyone can take part in the blog. I LOVE IT.
Little Green Footballs is probably the most interesting blog I could find on the list. It is a mix of interesting information, politics, humor, and entertainment. I just decided it was for me when I watch the video posted Friday that was about Biden sneezing at a conference. At first, I was like "is this serious" and then I was moved to tears. :)
Gaffe-Prone Biden Embarrasses Nation Yet Again By Sneezing During Meeting
This blog is quite simple. The posts are in the exact middle of the page, the right side is all adds and the left is a mix of adds, quick links, and categories to choose from. In addition, after each post there is the ability to rate, donate, share, comment, and link to related articles. It also has the subject matter in bold before the bulk of the post. It is a blog by Charles Johnson.
2 comments:
That video is hysterical! I laughed through the entire thing. I love when people poke fun at things like this. It kind of reminds me of these two guys who have this show called, "a little nightmare music." And basically the entire thing is poking fun at musicians who take music way too seriously! But the great part is they are these really accomplished musicians themselves! One's a pianist and the other a violinist. (I'm a violinist as well so I can really appreciate how well he plays).
Here's a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jiu0RNizU8&feature=related
Thanks for pointing me to the Idea of the Day blog at the Times. That's a good read.
And if you like that, be on the lookout for the annual The Year in Ideas issue of the New York Times Magazine.
Post a Comment