Monday, October 26, 2009

NYT - POST3

(Sorry this is late, I forgot we had to do this post)

The New York Times is a very well organized and informative news website. I have really enjoyed reading all of the different types of information they make available on the website. I have subscribed to their free email service that includes the main headlines of the day. Then there is the Today at a Glance emails that just recap the emails I get at the beginning of the day. I also made my homepage the NY Times. I figure the best way for me to read this is to keep it in my face every time I get online.


The stories I have noticed the most are the ones in the WORLD area and the ones that have more of a popular culture take, like the Balloon Boy story. There are many funny and interesting things on the New York Times website. I guess I have noticed these because I like knowing what is going on in other countries and I find the popular culture things interesting and humorous. It relieves all of the gloom of the politics and the fighting across the globe. By doing this, I have definitely missed some important stories that are taking place in the US like the runaways. This sounds like something I would like to read.


I guess it is too soon to say whether reading the NY Times and my blogs has really changed my reading habits. I see it as just adding to my range of reading. It IS adding to my knowledge more than my regular readings, though. It is nice to feel more confident in what I know about the world and the US. I really like reading things that are applicable to the world instead of fantasy novels that I like so much, and Facebook updates.

1 comments:

Eric said...

Those e-mail updates and homepage settings are all very good ways of keeping up with the Times. I'm glad you thought to use them. The Week in Review section is another good one.

Post a Comment