Saturday, October 17, 2009

My news intake

Usually I get my news from my boyfriend because he is very informed when it comes to what is going on in the world. He does not really watch the news that often but he watches the comedy news shows on comedy central because he feels they are the most unbiased form of news. He says that since they joke on both sides and not biased toward one side or the other makes it a very good source of entertainment-news. I like watching them with him sometimes too.

I occasionally read local magazines like Velocity and Leo, which have a little bit of news in them but mostly entertainment. They are interesting, have local news in them, concert updates, and Sudoku in the back of them. I also get a little bit of news from the internet from my Google homepage. When I created my custom page, I set it to put certain news on it so I can get news I am interested in hearing about.

Other than that, I do not really GET news. I do not really like watching the news because it is pretty drab and focuses on the bad more than good. I do not feel like I get that much celebrity news either because I feel that celebrities are not that important so the only ones I really know about are the ones I like. I usually try to keep up with what movies my favorite celebs are making and what music they are producing.

I do feel like I need to be more informed so I am glad we are starting a news-oriented unit.

3 comments:

Elvis said...

Seems like you are much more "aware" than I was. Something I have to improve upon apparently

Eric said...

Those shows on Comedy Central can be surprisingly good sources of news and media critique. Funny, too.

Alexandria Newsome said...

I read your blog and realized that I forgot to consider how other people relay news to me. It is interesting that you get info from your boyfriend watching Comedy Central. I think I just might check that out because it may hold my attention better than the regular bland news cast.

Post a Comment